Today’s recipe is inspired by my friends with young children. As you all know I do not have any children maybe in 2-3 years I will but for the moment it’s just my love and I…and we love it! But the majority of our friends are parents with precious little babies. Most of my friends know about my passion for food and disdain for processed foods with ingredients that can’t be pronounced. I’ve always wondered what the ingredients in Gerber Toddlers snacks are. Are they natural? Many of my friends have asked me for recipes that they can easily convert into baby food. They have a passion and desire to provide their babies with fresh, organic, handmade, gourmet baby food. This is where quinoa with balsamic reduction and pureed strawberries comes in!
I guarantee you that your baby will love this dish and you will not be able to find this food in a jar plus you will probably be able to pronounce all the ingredients.
Maybe expect the Quinoa… 🙂 I’m sure you’ve heard of it, but I’m also sure many of you have walked right past it in the grocery store thinking it “looks too much like bird seed to please your meat and potatoes family” “what the heck will I do with it” So let’s fix it…
First, how the heck do you say quinoa?! Some people pronounce it “keen-wah” and others say “kee-no-wah.” Either is fine.
Quinoa is ridiculously good for you, crazy healthy. It’s a super food! Quinoa is loaded with tons of nutrients and good for you properties. It is the most healthy and complete protein. Sure, those proteins are great for your body but those proteins also make quinoa hearty and satisfying…The benefits of quinoa are endless check out this video on how to make the perfect quinoa. Enjoy!
- 1 cup of quinoa
- 1/2 cup of frozen strawberries
- 1 tbsp of Organic Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 tsp of Organic Agave Nectar
- 1/2 cup of balsamic vinegar
1. Cook quinoa (follow video instructions) and let set until ready to puree
2. Puree strawberries with vanilla and agave
3. Place balsamic vinegar in a small pot over medium heat and let the vinegar reduce by half. You will end up with a thicker and sweet balsamic.
4. Blend quinoa and strawberry puree and drizzle with balsamic puree.